Originally a project of University of Central Florida’s Downtown Media Arts Center, EnzianTheater became the home of FilmSlam when DMAC closed in 2006. Now in its seventh year at Enzian, FilmSlam continues to be a popular outlet for indie and student ﬁlmmakers throughout the State of Florida.
FilmSlam will usually be held on the second Sunday of each month
at 1:00PM at Enzian in Maitland, FL.
BELOW ARE THE DATES FOR 2014:
December 8, 2013
January 12, 2014
February 9, 2014
March 16, 2014
May 4, 2014
June 8, 2014
July 13, 2014
August 10, 2014
September 14, 2014
October 19, 2014
• Entries submitted for review must be on DVD and can be digital data copies (screeners may be picked up in person at each month’s FilmSlam).
• Entry formats exhibited at the FilmSlam include: DVD and 35mm. Submission copies will also serve as the screener copies unless the ﬁlmmaker speciﬁcally requests a change.
• All ﬁlms must have a total running time of less than 20 minutes.
• Films may only screen in ONE FilmSlam in 2014. Films selected for the FilmSlam are still eligible to enter the Florida Film Festival.
• Films not selected for one month’s FilmSlam will be held and considered for the next month unless otherwise requested by the ﬁlmmaker.
• Monthly FilmSlam audience winners that are 10 minutes or less in length are guaranteed a spot in the 2014 Brouhaha Film &Video Showcase. FilmSlam winners longer than 10 minutes will be programmed at the discretion of the Brouhaha selection committee.
Entry into the FilmSlam is FREE(and open only) to all Florida Filmmakers.There is a $5.00 admission fee to the monthly screenings so that the ﬁlmmakers do not have to pay an entry fee! Tell your friends to come support indie ﬁlm!
Early entry is strongly encouraged. Submissions must be received before the FIRST OF THE MONTH in order to be considered for that month’s event – NO EXCEPTIONS! A well-written, 25-word synopsis of the basic plot and premise of the work(s) is required with each entry. If available, b/w and color promotional stills should be sent or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Works are scheduled at the discretion of Enzian Theater and the FilmSlam programmers. Enzian retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason.
Shipping and postage costs for DVDs and any support material to and from the FilmSlam will be paid by the ﬁlmmaker. FilmSlam will not accept COD shipments. Submissions may be addressed to:
Submissions may also be hand delivered to the Enzian Box Office.
1300 South Orlando Avenue
Maitland, Florida 3275
Submissions may also be hand delivered to the Enzian Box Office
Each month one audience award winner will be chosen at the FilmSlam. Winners will be posted online at Enzian.org on the Monday following the event. Monthly FilmSlam audience winners that are 10 minutes or less in length are guaranteed a spot in the 2014 Brouhaha Film &Video Showcase. FilmSlam winners longer than 10 minutes will be programmed at the discretion of the Brouhaha selection committee. At least one FilmSlam winner will be chosen and guaranteed a slot in the “Best
of Brouhaha – Florida sidebar" during the 2014 Florida Film Festival.
Official entry form
Please fill out ALL information completely and accurately.
Questions? E-mail Tim Anderson at email@example.com
When this film was completed I was a student at
Year of completion
Submitted by (this person is responsible for all details concerning FilmSlam)
City, State, Zip
A well-written, 25-word synopsis of the basic plot and premise of the work
Must be between
Certification of Entrant
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I have read, understood, and complied with the FilmSlam rules and regulations;
2.To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true;
3.This ﬁlm is not subject to any litigation nor is any litigation threatened;
4. I am duly authorized to submit this ﬁlm to FilmSlam;
Do Not Fill This Out